Wednesday, February 1, 2012

#001 - red packets

envelopes without pre-coated glue

We all LOVE red packets but what can you do with all these envelopes after getting the money out from them?

I remember in the old days, all the envelopes were pre-coated with glue, so one can easily seal the envelopes. So after the Chinese new year, for those non-glossy envelopes, I would tear off the part with glue and recycle them.

It would take some time to get it done, but it is ok - remember how short the lives of these envelopes, and how little effort you have to spare so as to save some space in our landfills. The good news is that, when I did the same task this year, I found that I spent even less time on it because more envelopes are without glue now, so I can recycle them right away.

Next year, please do consider having red envelopes without glue.

P.S. This year is the first year for me giving out red packets to my junior colleagues, and I do love the design of  the (pink) red envelopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment